Currants are a relative of gooseberries and are easy to grow and ready to harvest in early to mid-summer. Currants are a traditional European edible and part of the cuisine of France, England, and Germany to name a few. Birds rarely bother this variety. Currants are very high in vitamin C and antioxidants and are delicious in jelly, jams, or sauces. Put in part shade for best results.
• Plant Habit: Upright, Rounded
• Soil: Moderately fertile, well-drained soil
• Water: Water regularly- weekly, or more often in extreme heat
• Ripens: mid to late Summer
• Height: 4 – 6 ft. high,
• Width: 3 ft. wide.
• Exposure: Part to Full Sun