Eden Valley Blend Garden Soil is made from a proprietary blended formula with BiocharMax™, a soft-wood biochar that provides soil, plant and environmental benefits. Biochar is an excellent soil amendment created through a process called pyrolysis – the burning of organic material in a high heat-no oxygen environment. The end-result is highly porous charcoal-like material that helps soil hold more water and nutrients.
- Improves moisture retention to reduce frequent watering
- Improves nutrient retention, attracting beneficial soil microbes
- Improves plant & root development
- Improves resistance to pest and disease
- Improves root and plant development
- Sequesters carbon in the soil, where it provides the most benefit
- Eliminates release of harmful CO2 into the atmosphere from burning and/or landfill contribution
In addition, with the G&B Organics Eden Valley product line, Kellogg Garden Products continues its commitment to Plant With Purpose, an organization that helps impoverished communities around the world.
1.5 CF – Transplants 3-4 one-gallon; 1 5-gallon or amend
Bark fines, peat moss, sand, dehydrated poultry litter, gypsum, soft wood biochar, bat guano, worm castings.
pH Range 6.0 – 7.3