This is 1984’s Rose of the 1984 Olympics, bred by New Zealand’s Sam McGredy. It’s a gold medal winner with its full, lush form, pure red color and ability to withstand color in the sun. It’s a spectacular sight in full bloom, accompanied with a subtle scent. Olympiad makes a sensational addition to fresh bouquets and arrangements, and offers panache to borders, beds and containers.
- Class – Hybrid Tea
- Plant Habit – Medium-tall
- Growth Habit – Upright
- Plant Height – 3 to 5 feet
- Foliage Color – Gray green
- Flower Color – Rich, dark red
- Flower Size – Large, up to 5 inches diameter