This tree blooms with a pair of varieties that are perfectly balanced in flower size, floriferousness, foliage and habit to bud onto this 36″ rootstock. It’s a real attention-grabber! Ebb Tide – Deep smoky plum-purple. Fully double flowers with strong spicy clove fragrance. / Julia Child – Old-fashioned butter gold. 2006 AARS winner, clean & flowerful with a licorice candy fragrance.
Rose trees are not actually a class of rose. A rose plant is grafted onto a straight trunk, giving a treelike appearance, with an initial shape almost like a lollipop. The tree will take on the shaping characteristics of the rose used on the graft (climbing, floribunda, grandiflora, etc). Elegant and formal, they add a grandeur and sophistication in the landscape. Will also be gorgeous in a container. Will grow to around 4 feet tall.
- Class – Floribunda
- Plant Habit – Medium (both)
- Growth Habit – Upright bushy / Very rounded and bushy
- Foliage Color – Medium green, semi-glossy / Bright super-glossy green
- Flower Color – Smoky deep plum purple / Butter gold
- Flower Size – Medium (about 3 to 4 inch diameter) / Medium, up to 3½ inch diameter
- Stem Length – Medium-length, good for cutting (both)